Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our first field trip, and stuff

Okay, I'll start the week with school stuff, and then move to the other stuff... stuff... my word of the week (or month, or year, I generally just like the word "stuff")...

On Tuesday, we went on our very first field trip of the year at the Pensacola Art Museum.  They had a traveling children's display of Marc Chagall's work!  We met with a homeschooling co-op, so there were lots of kids!



The building the museum is in was in the old prison... so a lot of the barred doors are still in place... the little guys liked playing in them :)


After looking at the artwork, we headed outside to play just a bit... but it was HOT!!!


Wednesday, we headed to a meeting about a PE group that is meeting on base for homeschoolers.  However, we found out (after we got there), that they changed their ages from 5+ to 7+ this year (and failed to update their website)... TW was a little disappointed (although, I was probably more bummed).  I told him, though, that we would find something else (sports related) for him to do... which has been swimming in the past.  However, since we live 30 minutes (one way) from the rec center with the pool programs (and dance programs, etc), we decided it wasn't worth it.  BUT, we found a closer soccer program (like J is complaining, my ex-soccer junkie)  for him, and headed to a sports store for shin guards, socks and shoes on Saturday :)


 Back to normal school :)  We finished chapter 3 in our anatomy book... muscles :)


This is sort of school related.  After nap time, some day this week, Pretty Girl climbed in my bed (I was sewing in the room), pulled down the covers, crawled in and proceeded to "read" her own book :)


During nap on Wednesday, TW built his own Lego robot... which I was instructed to take a picture of, so here it is (it's leaning up against the puzzle box)...


Moving on to other "stuff"... TW is my appointment companion (always has been)... he's too old for the daycare drop in center on base (which is where the kiddos go during my weekly check ups)... as bribery to sit "still" and "quiet (it's all relative with a 5 year old) I give TW a sucker for the visit... he's so cute :)


 Last week, I ordered a new stand for Beau (my cello)... it came in the mail on Friday...


So, now that Beau is not on the floor, we (meaning J) set up the bed for the new baby (which everyone loves, they keep going to the bed and saying "baby, baby").  TW now tells me (daily)... "I hope the new baby comes tomorrow"... well, today he said, "I hope the new baby comes today"... and based on the number of "popped" comments at church, this kid should be here, now...


Speaking of "the kid", I thought I would share the hand full (literally) of medicines I take on a daily basis, which will shrink considerably once the "squirt" shows up (hint hint hint) ;p


So, we have been keeping tabs on our old state Virginia this week, along with all our friends still there... an earthquake, a hurricane, a couple tornadoes... oy.  Saturday morning, I turned on the news to see if we could see anything (no)... the kids all migrated straight to the TV (you'd think they'd never seen one before)... Mr. E left right as I pulled out the camera (of course)!!!


I completed (or almost completed) several projects (but haven't take the pictures yet) this week... including another stroller cover... you might remember the pink one from a "long" time ago... I resurfaced it (that stroller bit the dust ages ago, but I kept the cover)... we'll see how long the strollers and/or covers last :)


Okay, okay, I'm almost done... on Saturday afternoon my grandparents (Gramps and Grammy) came down for a short visit and a game of Dominoes (J won)... all the kids brought them various toys, little show offs :)


And then the small guys took a nap... Berry was so pumped to have company that she talked and laughed forever until the Sandman finally came for her!


And Grammy brought everyone a new outfit... the sizes are perfect Grammy... and TW's shorts fit just fine, I had him put long pants on because he keeps steeling my sweater for his legs during church!  The girls got sooooooo many compliments on their dresses... and Berry would just walk up to people and start pointing at her dress, too cute :)


In Other News:  Guess I shared everything already, so, in the words of Porky "that's all folks" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment