Friday, March 23, 2012

Okay, round 2... the computer ate my first Eternal Encouragement Magazine and More review... and to be honest, this round is not going to be as good as the first... warning you now!!!  So, in honor my being perturbed, I threw in a picture of one of our past-dogs, Audrey... now that's a bad hair day :)


Moving along, the main theme of the Spring 2012, quarterly magazine was hospitality.  J and I have always wanted to have an open home, a hospitable home, but just have not really known how.  Growing up my house didn't have people over a lot, and most of the time, I went to my friends house rather than her coming to mine.  J's house had people over on occasion, but usually for an event, like a birthday or holiday meal.  These examples kind of skewed my view of hospitality.  But, I was reminded in several articles, that hospitality is not always "entertainment".  This was very refreshing.  In a way, it releases me from feeling that having someone over has to be an event.  I am kind of shy, so having a purpose helps me know what to say and do.  

One of the articles mentioned piles of laundry, which reminded me of dropping into our best friends house in VA... there was almost always a load of laundry on the couch, a pile of books by the shelf and dishes scattered across the counters... and I loved it!  Having something to do with my hands made "small talk" easier (thank you SAB for your wonderful example)!  I hope, that I can be more open and spontaneous in having someone over now and then... until that happens, I will be praying that my children don't scare off every visitor we do have :)



They're not that bad, just a tad overwhelming :)  Anyway, I'm not sure what the theme of next quarters magazine will be, but it's pretty easy to head over to EE and purchase a subscription... there are some extra goodies you get too with the subscription, but I won't squeal, I'll let you find them on your own!!!

Just a reminder, I got my magazine in the mail for free, so that I could honestly review it as part of The Gabby Mom's group!  My review in a nutshell:  portable magazine that surprises you in the mail box (or in your e-mail in-box if you'd prefer) with lots of uplifting articles for your encouragement and edification... definitely recommend :)

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you lost your first draft! That is so very annoying. Yet this is a great review. I feel as if I am sitting down talking with you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great review! I'm with you on the pain of losing a first draft and knowing the second just isn't as good. That's happened to me way too many times!

      Delete
  2. Hate it when that happens...still if you hadn't said anything we'd never have known.

    Blessings,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. had the same experience with a dear friend of mine on the hospitality thing... and realizing I didn't have to "entertain" has made the readiness to open my home very much enjoyable :-)

    ReplyDelete