Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mental Break

I feel like I have been in brain limbo lately.  J graduated/was "winged", and can now, officially, be called a Naval Flight Officer (NFO).  He still has about 4 weeks of classes (which will drag out with the holiday breaks)... but we have "senior-itis".  We are also waiting on orders.  Will we be moving in January, will we be staying?  TW has had a week off of school (sort of), and that always puts my mind in hibernation mode.  And, to top it all off, the weather has cooled to a tolerable level, and who wants to stay inside when outside is sooo nice.  

Anyway, I have just a few pictures to share :)

Smaug has been finding new places to play, he's so darn cute!



TW made brownies as a math lesson... and of course, he wanted to lick the spoon.


We played at a playground with Great Grandma/Grandpa while waiting on the other parents airplanes to arrive last Thursday.



This is pretty much the only somewhat clear, non-video picture I have from the big graduation.  TW took my camera and would not return it (okay, so I didn't really try to get it back, I had my hands full)... he managed to get a shot of every power point slide the presenter showed, and over 40 minutes of video :)


Last Saturday was TW's final soccer game for the season :)


A self-motivated and completed project!


Smaug grunts every time the kids get a fork/spoon.  So, I finally gave him one... he actually uses it, appropriately... that's a first for our children!


After the fall festival at church, TW decided to build himself a plinko board... he worked on it for hours (literally) yesterday.  There was a lot of tears, but he did it all by himself (huh)!


J constructed a study carrel for TW.  He used it very briefly today when we did a few lessons... we'll see if it makes a difference in my very-distract-able boys attention span :)


In Other News:  Grammy, I'll e-mail you when we have orders to finalize Thanksgiving plans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment