Saturday, February 18, 2017

I'm Old

I have been super tired lately.

*Baby Bird has been sleeping less-than-stellar.
*J has been out of town and/or on watch, so I have had few breaks from the kids.  And when he's not home, I don't sleep as well anyway.
*My hip has been giving more trouble than usual (most likely compounded by carrying a peanut-girl on it).
*The hip problem leads to stiffness in the morning and stiffness if I sit too long.
*Mt Etna has decided to smoke and not just spit steam, so my sinuses are achy
*My pinky finger is a little tingly right now from typing.
*I might be dying.  Or, at the very least, losing spare parts right and left as part of my imminent demise.
*On top of that, I'm about to turn 37.  I really don't care how old I am in theory.  But really, each year, I know I get older.
*And, I found some more gray hairs recently.

I have bulleted my complaints so that you can feel the appropriate amount of sympathy for me on each point.

Most days, when Birdie goes down for her afternoon nap and I have separated the older kids for alone time, or sent them out-doors, I hide up on the top floor and sew.
Some days, I don't feel like it at all.  
Some days, I am super excited on whatever project I'm working on.
Some days, I don't make it to the top floor beyond doing a load of laundry or two.

Today, despite my old age maladies, I finished the older girls dresses.  I have left a mess on the table top, but the dresses are done.  I reserve the right to make one more dress or some shorts for our upcoming trip in August.  But for now, their wardrobes are ready for warmer days and sunshine!  I also am prepared for warmer days.  I have dreams of swinging in my porch swing (mentally, since we left it in Jacksonville) and maybe catching a cat nap or two.

I have posted pictures of the dresses on my crafty blog, if you are so inclined to look.  If not, that's cool.  Just make sure you say a little prayer that I'll make it another day, it's kinda iffy right now, I think my big toe just fell off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment