Sunday, August 19, 2012

Book Review

Last week (or so, my weeks get messed up, frequently), I got two books in the mail from Bethany House to review.  I love free books.  The first envelope I opened (and so, the first book I read) is called Almost Amish by Kathryn Cushman.  I have to admit, that I totally judge books by their cover and sometimes don't read the back cover.  That's the case with this book.  I saw the title and the picture and thought, I usually enjoy these books Woo Hoo.  So, I started reading and got into the first paragraph and then read the back cover.  "Ohhhh, so not what I thought, goody".  The book is not about people who are already Amish, but suburbanites living an Amish lifestyle for a reality TV show.  I'm not sure how much of the things my character's did was plausible, but I didn't care.  I was hooked from page 1.  I took the book on the treadmill with me, it took me to bed at night, it nursed the baby with me, we hid from the kids in the bathroom together, "brushing" our teeth.  It was a glorious 2 days (I can't read non-stop).  I highly recommend this book, it's easy to read, it's enjoyable and the people (moms and teenagers alike) all seem real... and if your a romantic, there's a bit of that thrown in as well.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment