Thursday, January 17, 2013

Book Review

I am behind in my (free) book review for Bethany House ;)  I read the book Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster County) by Leslie Gould almost immediately and quickly... but alas, children and life have kept me from the computer and my review!

I truly enjoyed this book!  From the title, I bet you guessed it is set in Lancaster County and involves the Amish; you're right!  But, did you guess that it follows the story line of Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew???  Well, now you know!   I won't spoil the book, I'll let you read the original for that.  Cate is a feisty gal who is determined to be a spinster (for various reasons), whose father won't stand for it!  I'm sure there will be a lot of comments from others who review the book about not being totally Amish (her Dad runs a business, with internet and everything), but that doesn't really concern me, I'm more about the story!  Just know, that even though you may (or may not) know the destination, the trip is worth the ride and I am super excited to see who the next courtship will be about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment