Monday, April 8, 2013

Book Review

Well, it's time I told you about another Bethany House book that I got for free to review!  This one is called Firefly Island by Lisa Wingate.  I actually read the book in about 2 days (what can I say, I liked it), but between the move and not having Internet (beyond my phone) for a week, I'm just now getting around to my review!

The book starts off with two people meeting (a career lady and single dad), falling madly in love (very quickly) marrying, quitting jobs and moving from very urban D.C. to very rural Texas.  Of course, you can imagine what takes place as a once single gal learns to be a stay at home wife, Mama, and country, cow-owning lady all in a very short amount of time.  Add in a creepy boss (who owns the land and home they live in) and a mystery and you have me hooked.  I enjoyed every minute of the book and would recommend it to anyone who wants  a little laugh, a little mystery, a little suspense and just a good time snuggled up with a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment