Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sylvie

Two weeks ago, I took everyone to the library for story time (yes, we got a lot of comments about how "brave" I am... it gets old really fast!)... anyway, the story-reader read a book entitled Sylvie (by Jennifer Gordon Sattler), about a flamingo who starts eating all sorts of different "foods" in order to turn different colors (since pink shrimp maker her a pink color). We immediately placed a hold on Sylvie (since both copies were checked out) and Morgan daily asked me if I had gotten an e-mail informing us that the book was ready ("No, Morgan")... we even checked the hold bin on a different trip "just in case". Today, we went to the library and the same story reader was there helping kids sign up for the summer reading program. Morgan started telling her about the Sylvie book... I translated, end result, she checked in her copy and Morgan rode in the stroller the entire way back, gazing at Sylvie. I have now read Sylvie twice, and he is snuggled on the couch with the book now.

This past weekend, we went to the Topeka Zoo (with mom, Sonja, and Tate), we saw all the normal animals... monkey's, giraffe's, elephant's etc... but wouldn't you know it, that kid picked out the picture of the flamingo on the map, and "guided" us in the correct direction. As soon as we opened the doors (and wheeled three strollers in) there were the flamingo's, on the path, not caged. Morgan was excited and scared and shy all at once, we managed to get a picture or two. I suppose I'll have to stick this book in my Amazon cart and get it next time I place an order...
I love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment