Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oh My Stars (and Garters) II

Okay Sonja and Nikki, here is the Graham Cracker recipe... obviously, I was too lazy to actually type it out! But first a picture of the finished product... in stars... those seem to be the easiest for little hands to hold, and they're just so darn cute!


Cooking for me is a labor of love... my kitchen is small... and this is what it looked like on Sunday, while I slaved over dinner...notice the stack of pancakes. The babies ate them all, by themselves, no Bing help.



Usually, I try and bake while the little ones are asleep, so there is only Mr. M and Bing with me, but sometimes that is not an option!
Oh, I almost forgot, here is the recipe... if you need translation, let me know...



And the changes I made this time? Instead of honey, I used sugar-free maple syrup (because that is what was in the cupboard). I used 3/4 cup white flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup oatmeal instead of 1 1/2 cups white flour. I also used 1/2 a stick of real butter and 1 stick of light margarine. I didn't include cinnamon (it was an accident). These turned out much better than the applesauce version last time, which were more cookie-like. As a note, the dough was very hard when I first took it out of the fridge... but it warmed up pretty quickly and came together just fine! The crackers are, yet again, a hit, and Miss M keeps 'mmmmm'-ing at me every time she sees the bag come out... and we are on Day 1... good thing this batch made over 100 little stars!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have a blog! You have a blog! How did I not know this?
    Awesome! I can't wait to try out the graham cracker recipe and see what else comes out of your always interesting mama brain :)

    ReplyDelete