Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Niece-to-Be


Well, the last quilt is done (well, for now anyway)... and this one is for Reily Joyce, due at the beginning of August. The shower is, of course, the same day as the babies' birthday party, but I will send the quilt with Grandma to deliver for us. I hope baby Reily can snuggle with this quilt and enjoy it too!!! This past weekend we saw my mom and Sonja (and Tate)... I was able to deliver her new quilt and she oohed and ahhed over it appropriately!!! My practice has been, when I remember, to pray for these babies, their mama's, daddy's, and siblings as I stitch... God bless these little and big ones and shelter them with his wings!

In other news, I bought (on "accident") the softest flannel to make little lap blankets (oh, 20 x 20 or so) for the girls! I picked pink (naturally) for Miriam. I had planned on getting purple for Blythe, but then I saw the blue and I quickly amended my plans! J simply laughed when I told him of my purchases... at least I had forewarned him, since I had first seen the fabric the week before. I plan on using Grandmother's Flower Garden as my "square" it will be my first try with this... but years ago (before I started quilting) Grandma Mac gave me some flower "squares" she had found at a garage sale. I have no idea where those are now, but I'm going to attempt this now, in memory of those long-lost pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment