Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Knight-to-be-Nephew

I have finished the little quilt for my new knight-to-be nephew!!! He is not due until September, but I will be heading to Topeka to see Mom and Sonja at the end of May, and figure I'll save some postage and deliver the quilt then. Tate, before he was Tate, had a "jungle" theme (which changed to a helicopter theme after I had purchased all the fabric) and I have decided to stick with that idea for this baby too. Sonja assures me that Tate is now interested in the jungle animals; so I don't feel it will be a waste of adorable lions, hippos, monkeys, giraffes, alligators, and leopards.

So, when I found out about her new baby, I started my hunt for the perfect jungle fabric. Wouldn't you know it, my local quilt shop had just the ticket... jungle animals on a black background (Sonja's favorite color at some point, I'm not a good sister, I have no idea what her favorite color is now, but I might guess green). Because I loved this fabric so much they were, of course, all out, and I just happened to have fallen head over heels with the fabric from a pillowcase kit. Argh.



There is a happy ending though... and don't you just love the Internet? Being on unofficial "couch rest" with the triplets, and then sequestered to a small home during a cold winter, I have learned to search for everything on-line, and it does get my checkbook into trouble at times. After a few days of hunting here and there, I found the same fabric and ordered a yard, and some of the fabrics in the same line. Long story short, I have remembered to take a picture and here is the finished product... lifesaver squares, lots of color, and jungle animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment