Friday, May 7, 2010

Oh My Stars (and Garters)


Who said that? Grammy, Grandpa Mac, Pretty Mama? I don't know, some relative, but my dad still says it, with this really goofy, not-so-southern accent... anyway.

So, yesterday, I pulled out my Honey Graham Cracker recipe, which I have not made since Morgan was learning to eat three years ago. I know, I know, you are not supposed to feed kids under 1 honey, but I did, and they love it. Morgan really loves the crackers. Why call them crackers anyway? They're really more cookie-ish. Well, I tried one, and you know what, I don't like honey; and I like sweet stuff, but honey is just not my favorite.

So, since I want to please all the pediatricians in the US, and I want to be able to sneak a "cracker" here and there and like it, I need to modify this recipe. I'm thinking of 1) eliminating the honey 2) adding some oats to the concoction, or whole wheat, or both, we'll see and 3) replacing some of the butter with applesauce. Until I try these changes, I have about 6 dozen little star "crackers" to get rid of... I wonder if my preschoolers will be able to polish them off in the next few Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment