Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family Vacation Day 1

At 8:43 am we left the house (only 13 minutes behind), traveled 2 miles to the gas station for ice and gas and realized we had left my sewing supplies at home… oh well.


At 12:34 I realized I had forgotten to pack cheese for sandwiches
Almost as soon as we got onto I-90 in Albert Lea, MN we saw our first billboard for Wall Drug… only 355 miles away.







We stopped at Fort Pipestone (Pipestone, MN) because I had gone there as a little girl. Morgan had fun visiting the Soddy, and running in the fort.





We went potty, took pictures and bought a whistle (only to be blown outside).







As we left Pipestone, we noticed another billboard for Wall Drug, promoting Free Ice Water. Good thing we plan on stopping.


By 3:15 pm we decided we needed a Target, now if only Mandy (our GPS) can figure out where one is. By 3:30 pm I realized I had forgotten to pack hamburgers (and I then reassured Jeremy that they were still in the freezer, not on the counter waiting to be packed). Eventually we found Target in Sioux Falls, SD and stocked up on a random assortment of “stuff”.

We set up camp and ate a yummy dinner of taco salads!




Jeremy and Morgan played with Morgan’s Nerf gun (suction cup version); we played Mille Bornes and went to sleep (as best as one can sleep on an air mattress). Blythe cried part way through the night and ended up in bed with us… I think she was cold, I enjoyed the snuggle!

2 comments:

  1. I love the blog of your trip. I'm glad you had a good vacation.

    Love Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete