Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chores, Chores, Chores

Hello Friends!

Are you ready for another Gabby Mom review?  If not, oh well, you get it anyway :)

This last month or so, I have had a chance to review a big 'ole bundle of articles, stories, tips etc. called Chores: Many Hands Make Light the Work!  When the packet showed up in my inbox (you can get the bundle as an e-print or a real (tree) print!), I was really excited, looking forward to more ways to be organized, neat, and tidy.  And, at such a great time too... we were just moved into the new house, and there were boxes and kids and stuff everywhere.   I read through most of the articles while marching along on my treadmill and found more than just organization and cleaning tips!



The bundle is broken up into 11 sections, some are written, some are audio... some things I already knew about, like homemade cleaners but I really enjoyed seeing that there are others who have similar ideals as I do (even if I don't always have the follow through).  One section stood out to me in particular; probably because it involves me, right now.  And that is involving my kids in our household chores.  I have a lot of trouble with this, because I am in that annoying group of people that says "if you want something done right (and quickly), do it yourself"!  In one article I am reminded of two things by Mrs. Flem, the writer of the section on chores being fun (!)... these are that our children should be taught (paraphrased) 1) the name of Jesus and God's word and 2) learning to be servants by having chores (or "doings" as I learned from another article, and I love, it's taken from Proverbs 20:11 (KJV)... even a child is known by his doings...).

So, I have been working on giving all my kids (not just TW, who has had a few doings already) jobs!

Everyone makes their own bed (unless someone, kindly, does it for them... TW and Berry often do someone else's bed)!

One day, Mr. E will smile for a picture :)


The girls are generally in charge of "folding" the napkins and putting away the kids silverware


And, Smaug was helping Pretty Girl put away the wipes one morning... granted, he did pull them out too :)


I'm sure, as the kids get bigger, the fun-ness of helping Mama (for the smaller guys, TW is already over his sweeping duty) will wear off and I'll have to be more creative in making this entertaining.  But, for now, I'm glad we have found ways that even a 2 year old (or three) can learn about being a servant :)

SOOO, if you are interested in a copy of the Chores Bundle, head on over to the products portion of Eternal Encouragement!  I got my copy for free so I could review it honestly as a Gabby Mom... but the price to pay in money may just be worth the rewards you will (hopefully) be able to reap in your own household!

P.S.  You could win a free copy of this bundle by entering here!!!  Good luck!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your kids are adorable! Great job showing them helping out with the chores!

    ReplyDelete