Sunday, May 27, 2012

Spider

I had not planned on doing two posts today... but I got to looking at the pictures and Smaug is sleeping peacefully (he usually wakes up about now... 3pm) and so...


J fixed our lamp that the kids broke!


TW built a zoo out of Lego's :)


I went to the chiropractor (or "cry-o-pacter" as TW says) and found the kids had been playing.  I know it's hard to see, but Big Brother is out in the field with Smaug... he sure does love that kid!


And then these three took over the wagon and rolled around the cul-de-sac with it... I love it when they re-discover an old toy!


Smaug walks like this on concrete... I guess his knees are too sensitive! :)


Oops... fell out the door :)


One nap, I heard a noise, and this is what I found... TW had left his paints in a Mr. E accessible spot :( The bathtub was PURPLE after washing this one off, and his sheets have a pinkish tinge... oh well!


I almost touched this spider one morning right before J got back.  I didn't know what to do, and I wasn't touching the thing, so I sprayed it with copious amounts of unscented ant spray (which stank)... it crawled behind a box and I didn't see it again... J found it this week, dead (thankfully)... his comment "Whoa, that's a big spider"... I didn't have the gumption to take a picture when it was alive, but I got it this time!


The boys are working on Mr. E's birthday gift... we'll start the girls' next!


Even Smaug has been "helping"!


Cute, huh?


Even cuter... nice pig tails :)


I had my skin allergy testing this past week... turns out, I'm not allergic to anything but cats... I do have non-allergic rhinitis though, which gives me all the upper head symptoms of allergies but is not treatable with anti histamines (sigh)... basically, the best way to not suffer, is to avoid the offending items (usually smells, temperature changes, humidity, and hormones)!  Granted, being off my meds reminded me that I also have dermographia, which means my body produces excess histamine, so basically I just itch, all over, and turn bright red wherever I scratch, so now I'm waiting on the Claritine to kick back in so I don't scratch and look like I've been attacked by a cat!

So, allergies to airborne things are not creating my increased asthma symptoms... now what?  I'm thinking of sending off for a food allergy testing kit... I'm willing to accept donations to fund this venture :)


We got a new garbage can (not the one pictured, I returned it because I didn't like the lid)... it's our first new can since we got married, and I only got it because our trash is out in the open now and I wanted a lid!  J carried Smaug into the house in the can  :)


In Other News:  Smaug has moved into The Boy Room... I teared up just a bit :(


No comments:

Post a Comment