Saturday, June 9, 2012

Guests and Projects

As you can tell from the title, we had some guests and did some projects in the past week or so :)

The first project was to cut TW's 3rd birthday barn in half... another picture will follow!


Our second project was to ride bikes in the rain!


Smaug has enjoyed observing the projects!


TW and his bike met with an unforgiving curb!


We did not end up here for TW's scrape, but for Smaug's check up (he was 8 oz heaver than TW at 9 months, and 1 inch shorter!)... I took the picture to show the other kids the cool examining table!


At some point we all went to BJ's (a wholesale club)... the kids ate pizza and we all went potty (as usual)!


Smaug really likes the bathtub!


And, our guests were... Grandpa and Grandma C! We went to St. Augustine and toured the lighthouse and the town, but I forgot my camera... Grandpa gave me a copy of his pictures, but I didn't think of that when I started the post... maybe next time.  In this shot, everyone is looking at the photos of the day on Grandpa's computer!


We also took them to the base to see the plane display.  This is one of "Daddy's airplanes".


And, just before Grandpa left, the "boys" played catch (aww)!


And, right after they pulled out of the driveway, Daddy began work on the girls' birthday present (with his new table saw)!


They're in a boat... I love the fact that Smaug's foot is hanging out!


Last Saturday, we went to the farmer's market!


Okay, so here is the barn, reassembled.  We added some hinges and touched up the paint so that the animals can more easily get into the barn!


Our computer had to go to the "doctors"... while they were looking at it, the kids each played with an iPad (I'm so glad, there were 4 at the table)!!!


Yesterday, TW found this turtle up by the house!


He and Daddy returned it to the pond :)


Nana's birthday box came, along with some special ice cream cones... they made a delicious snack.  I find it interesting that the chocolate ice cream matches Mr. E's hair... I wonder if he'll look like this in another 15 years or so :)


Smaug sampled a bite of cone too!


The boys were getting put in bed, so Smaug crawled back and hung out by his bed... he does this every night :)


Here is the almost finished girl-gift... it's a dollhouse/bookshelf... I get to start painting tomorrow... J did such a great job... now, if only I had some pictures of Mr. E's gift!


One last picture.  J and I were working on a joint dinner... the kids were banished from the kitchen but Pretty Girl set up a chair for herself and had the babies propped up to watch too!


In Other News:  J started back to work this past Wednesday... I kind of miss the guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment