Friday, March 1, 2013

February

This past month went by so fast, granted, it doesn't help that it's a short month :)

I really can't recall much of want on, except for a few key events, but I do have a few pictures to share...


J proved (yet again) that he has mad skill and strength :)


The kids celebrated Valentine's Day at our science co-op with a rowdy exchange...


... and a more sedate exchange after nap time at home!


TW surprised me by making breakfast one morning!


We spied a woodpecker right outside the toy room window (he's in the center of the photo, you can just make out his red head-topper)... he kept the kids entertained for quite some time!!!


The boys made their own "TV" and were "watching" it one afternoon.


Important event announcement:  WE CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE!  We started the whole process at the beginning of December and finally signed on the dotted line (or, straight line, whatever)!!!  In this photo, we are taking a load of sleeping gear to the house (the boys stayed the night with Daddy one night)... if you look closely, you'll see that Mamie is on top of Berry's head :)


Mom, I took this photo for you.  December '83 is what it says... this is the water heater.  Let me back up and explain a few things we have learned from one of our neighbors (who has lived in the same home longer than I have been alive).  The man who built the house sold a beach hotel for several million dollars.... which explains the gold plated bathroom fixtures, the industrial laundry folding table, the pvc pipe plethora of pool seats, including a rolling tray version with a sticker telling us which channels give us certain stations, and an assortment of items we "think" came from the hotel, or the trailer that used to be on the property (we think), including a fairly new (at the time) water heater.  I have made up so many stories about this original owner (we are only the third owners).  Apparently he raised ostrich, and grapes :)  J and I really hope he stops by one day!!!


I took this picture to show that I took down one portion of stripes... I like it better already.  Now, I did find the original kitchen wallpaper in places... it was white with millions of little blue bows on it... not sure which I like better, the stripes or bows :)


Here is a picture of the "I refuse to use it, or touch or walk by it" fridge.  We set up a time for it to get picked up by the garbage company.  Then J took it outside to the road, within 1 hour, a truck stopped, grabbed it, and left... I need to cancel that request with the trash company!!!


I am pretty sure this is a dogwood tree (and boy).


A different tree, attacked by a woodpecker!


J tore out the bushes in front... so much better... it was necessary, one word... termites!


I tried to cook mac and cheese one day for lunch, but discovered that only one burner worked (so it took forever)... I jiggled a cable and got a second one to work (later, of course)... a new stove may be creeping up to the top of our list.  Also, an added item... the septic pump.  We were having the pump emptied anyway.  The guy came out and informed us that the tank was at capacity and the pump was not working... he was surprised we had not had anything... um, resurfacing :)  Oy!


The kids and I stayed home this Wednesday morning (school work, laundry, etc.), but when I showed up at the house, they had torn out my shower!!!  And found a nest of carpenter ants :(  And then the electrician showed up and told us that the outlets are no longer up to code, and instead of removing the dangling outlet, they have to put it in between the two sinks, which means we need to remove the mirror and put in smaller ones, or something... that movie The Money Pit has been running through my head a lot lately.


Did I mention that J also blew up the pool filter (literally, not figuratively), which will need to be replaced.  On the positive side, the roofing material showed up, and I removed the carpet from the kids bathroom before Berry had a accident all over the floor!


In Other News:  Mamie is up to 27 pounds, and I only like her when she is outside, or asleep, or doing anything except for peeing all over the floor *sigh*

Oh, and did I mention, my very first tooth crown fell out (the one that has been bothering me that I have been putting off getting fixed until we had moved, settled, etc.), I had to have it glued back in (twice)... I have an appointment next week to start the process of getting a new one *sigh* (again)!


But... we own a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think OY! is a good word :-) Sorry for all the surprises but we have learned it comes with home ownership whether it be new or used. Look forward to visiting your new home!

    ReplyDelete