Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quick Post

I am so proud of myself for getting in a post so soon after the last!!!

The boys decided to be pirates early one morning (which means they chased each other saying "argh").  This practice continued throughout the week, the girls even joined in, but with girly panties instead ;)


Berry and Smaug having tea together :)


One of our apple trees blossomed... they're very cute and dainty!


We dropped off some stuff at the new house and happened to spy the dumpster removal guy... almost done!!!



Saturday morning we met our "New Orleans Friends" for breakfast as they passed through town on their way south.  Our new house is conveniently located minutes from the interstate and a Cracker Barrel ;)




After breakfast, our friends visited our new house and just as they left is started raining.  The rest of the day, it poured and thundered and there was a lot of lightening.  Perfect weather to test out our fireplace- it didn't last long, but it smelt nice and woody for a while!


I told you last time about the wiggly shower.  Good news and bad news.  I feared the worst behind the wall, and found the best!  No mold!!!  Just some water damaged tile board, on top of some perfectly good sheet rock!  Unfortunately, the tiles did not cooperate with me and fell off in groups (despite my spider arms trying to hold it back), and some broke.  There is damage in other spots and we are pricing new tile, since we can't seem to find the '88 original style :)



Aren't these two cute?



Last night, we found Smaug sleeping with TW's soccer shirts, one on top, one as shorts... this is how he came out of the room this morning!


Now, I know you can't see this clearly, but J was using the van, and our little pull behind trailer to haul junk from here to there and out to the road for trash day.  I have to admit, he is the only guy I know that can make a mini van look just as studly as a big 'ole pick up truck! Love you "George" :)



Yesterday, we spent many hours at the house.  I vacuumed out the master bathroom (it's still a mess), labeled the grout mistakes in the new shower and cleaned the floor in the girls room.  Fortunately, I had vacuumed it out early in the week.



And today, I spent about 3 hours cleaning the boys room... cleaning the fan (which stopped working about 5 minutes after I turned it on... I guess the dust is what made it work), picking up big chunks of drywall, little blue papers (the kids), insulation that was removed when the wall was repaired, and sucking up gallons of ceiling dust from the popcorn removal.  And then, I carpet cleaned it (Mom, I did find that soap I was looking for)!  The windows are still dusty, and so are the mirrors, the carpet is still stained, but it is clean(er)!!!  And because I spent so much time on it, I figured, you, my dear readers, ought to celebrate with me!


In Other News:  J has next Saturday off, so we have officially reserved a big truck and are praying for some last minute help from our church men!  Also, I baked (like in the oven) some eggs (for the first time) in order to decorate them for Easter.  I'll let you know how they turn out :)  

P.S.  R.B.... they are brown eggs, thanks for the tip!



No comments:

Post a Comment