Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Plan and Organizing Happiness Review

Okay, so here-s-y what-sit (yes, those are words).  Lots of people (meaning, almost everyone that I meet) says to me, in some form or other "I don't know how you do it".  Usually they are referencing the triplets.  Sometimes they are referencing five kids, sometimes, well, I just don't know... but I'm pretty sure it revolves around the kids because I don't normally get this comment when I'm out with Smaug, or just TW.  Anyway, my pat answer is "you just do".  But here, for your eyes only, is the truth!

1)  I have an awesome God.
2) I have an awesome husband.
3) I have an awesome plan.

A what-sit?  A plan.  At it's barest level it is this:

6:30 am, wake up.
8:00 am, eat.
10:00 am, eat again.
12:00 pm, eat.
1:00 to 4:00 pm, quiet play and/or nap.
4:00 pm, eat (again).
6:00 pm, eat.
8:00 pm, go to bed.

See?  Simple.  I eat, I sleep, I eat, I sleep... kind of like a hound dog :)

Now, you might say, I can't go to bed at 8 pm, 2 am is more my style.  Fine, whatever.  So push the whole schedule back.  But, you contest, my kids get out of bed at 8, and I am dysfunctional until 12 pm.  Fine, either 1) train your kids to have quiet time in the mornings, while Mama Zombie walks around or 2) train yourself to go to bed earlier (15 minutes at a time, 5 minutes at a time) so that you are a little bit more awake in the mornings... I'm sure (maybe) that one day your kids will move out and you can go back to your nocturnal pattern.  The times aren't really the issue here, what's at the heart, is the pattern.  There is a pattern, and it is followed... daily.  Make it your pattern, maybe you don't like to eat so much, so take out some, but make a pattern!  And that, ladies is how I do it.  I have a plan!  And let me tell you, when you have a plan, it's okay to break it, but you have to have a plan before you can break it (does that make sense)... So, for all my dear, "spontaneous" friends out there, this may seem harsh... tough cookies... plans make me happy!!!


Sometimes, I feel my whole house looks this way... it gets my goat, and I get disgruntled if it lasts too long!

 So, moving right along... I have volunteered myself to be a Gabby Mom.  In a nut shell, I review material (books, DVD's, magazine articles, toe nail polish colors) sent to me through Eternal Encouragement (okay, so I don't really review toe nail polish colors through them, but if I find a good one, I'll let you know).  Then I post a snazzy review on my blog, and voila, we all get to learn something.  I'm getting to the point...



 As a trial run, I was sent a little e-pamphlet written by  Mrs. Lorrie Flem that compiles several magazine type articles, entitled Organizing Happiness.  There are several little ditties in this free e-pamphlet, but one in particular, struck a cord in my brain... entitled "7 Habits That will Make you and Your Family Happier".  I totally get this... when I wake up and the kitchen is nice and tidy, I am happy :)  #1 on the list is "Prepare like Poppins"... I won't really explain what it means because you can get it for free but this is totally going to be a new household phrase.  And, better yet, I will refuse to feel silly every time I make PB & J lunches because we are running a 30 minute errand at 9 am.

New kid-chair covers so I don't have to wipe off chairs so often... this makes me happy!!!

There are other (six in fact) helpful hints to being habitually happier... but I want you to benefit from them as much as I did by reading them yourself :)  There is nothing earth shattering, and nothing is so deep that you can't read it, get it, and walk away... but is good-to-know info, reaffirms some things and I do and reminds of others I don't... and best of all... Scriptural background is given, spurring you (ahem, me) on to do things that honor God, first and foremost.

Sorry this is not a picture-full post Ladies, but if you made it this far with mostly words, then I think you'll be okay :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your writing style..cute and unique ;)

    thanks for the review
    Head Mama
    The Gabby Moms

    ReplyDelete