Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sticky Notes


TW and I were just surfing through some of our gazillion pictures.  When this one popped up, for some reason, I immediately thought "oh, look at our cute Smaug"...  and then I looked at myself, the surroundings, and the adorable bundle on my back and realized that it is really Berry.  The must have the same something in the twinkle of their eyes...


So, I know I mentioned that I have joined a group called The Gabby Moms :)  Well, as a member of Eternal Encouragement (The Gabby Mom's parent, so to speak), I get these free newsletters, (you can get them too) called Serenity for Your Soul, in my e-mail a couple of times a month, so that I can review them and then share what I learn/feel/like/dislike, etc.  Officially, I have received one :)

New thought process... have I mentioned I love my iPad?  I use it all the time... especially when I walk on the treadmill.  I hate walking on the treadmill; but it allows me to get in some exercise while the kids are still asleep or napping.  The ONLY thing that gets me through my allotted time is my iPad.  Most of the time I read (good thing I don't get motion sickness easily)... but sometimes, I check e-mail or Facebook or read articles, etc.

Back to the original track (I feel like the Curious George episode where the trains get off, and George has to fix them, and there's a disagreement about sandwiches... sorry)... so, I get these newsletters in my e-mail, and I've been reading them (I know, I've only received one, but I got some back issues from my Gabby Mama Mama) while walking.  And then I ponder, and then I go back to reading, and then I ponder again, and then I spy a bug on the floor and pray it doesn't jump up onto the treadmill.

The most recent newsletter involved Stick-to-it-ness.  The ability to jump from one thing to another and then another and then back to the first without getting too many ruffled feathers.  In other words, "Opry calls it multi-tasking", (little movie line thrown in for fun).  I'm getting to my point... Mrs. Flem (the author of the newsletter) says this, "He [Jesus] was interrupted but He didn't allow Himself to be sidetracked."  She goes on to talk about Jesus' use of prayer in dealing with the constant interruptions to his day and his journey.  But he never did get sidetracked did he...  Jesus still made it to the tree, no matter how many needy people asked for help or waylaid him.  Praise the Lord, he made it to that tree!

And, though I distracted myself many times, I made it through my post... interrupted yes... by myself, by TW, who is building trees, but Smaug who cried a few times, and went back to sleep, by an itchy ear (not sure these ear rings are entirely nickel-free)... but I finished, and I hope you, dear friends, got something out of my ramblings today!!!  Oh, and sign up for the newsletter... read it when you get a chance, be encouraged!



6 comments:

  1. haha...very cute how you were 'interrupted' throughout your review. I didn't catch on at first ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm visiting from the Gabby Moms. Good work on your review.

    I followed you on GFC. Hope you'll do the same for me. :)

    Take care.

    Michelle
    www.beyondsilverandgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is easy to get distracted...even while writing a post.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband jokes that I am his "add wife", just glad that he now realizes that I am easily side-tracked, but ususally eventually accomplish all my tasks and is able to laugh about it and get me back on course instead of just getting irritated with me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!
    Interruptions...they are always present, aren't they?!

    Love your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visiting from Gabby Moms.....I use too many parentheses in my writing all the time because I get sidetracked easily. Very cute post!

      Delete