Friday, September 7, 2012

Adventure Day 1, Sort of

So, we got off to an early start (9ish) on our newest adventure.  Everyone was so excited (for what, they didn't know) that they talked non-stop forever.  Finally, during the last hour of our drive, I pulled out the lap, battery toys, and besides the noise of those machines, it was finally silent :)


Our first stop was our hotel room.  We ate lunch, changed clothes and then went to play in the "pool"!   There was really much more than just pool, but that's the best overall term for the place.


Before, I forget, I have to mention that our hotel room had both a dishwasher and a garbage disposal... I didn't have either of those things when we lived in Ames... WOW!





The kids thought that a pull out couch was super fun!


The next morning we packed for the second part of our adventure.  J is so great.  He understands that I have this compulsion to leave a neat area when I'm going to be gone all day (well, as much as I can).  He took all the bigger kids to the van (or something, I can't remember now), just so I could finish tidying before we left for the day.  It also gave me a couple minutes of peace :)


And then, we packed the van for day 2 of fun!!!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, is *that* how you have room for everybody?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having great fun!! I'm adding a link to your blog on mine. I'm trying to get back into blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete