Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Adventure Day 2

I meant to post this the same day as I did Day 1... and then I meant to post this the next day... and then the next day... and here we are!  Day 2!  TW knew we were headed somewhere, but not exactly where.  We took our time getting up, eating, packing snacks for the day, leaving, stopping at a gas station for waters, etc.  Once we were on the road, he started the guessing game.  

"Are we going to Disneyland?"
  "No."
"Oh.  I just wondered because I saw the signs.  That's okay... Are we going to Tampa?"
"Wha..."
"Well, I was reading that Legoland thingy (brochure) and it said Legoland was near Tampa".
"TW, where is Tampa?  Get the map and find Tampa for me.  Then find Orlando and tell me if they're close."  
5 Minutes Later:  "Here they are.  They're not close."
"Are we going to Tampa?"
"I don't know.  Where are we going... hey, that sign (little tiny, itsy bitsy sign, I might add) says Legoland"
"YES, YES TW, we are going to LEGOLAND, I am so excited, I can't contain myself, we wanted to surprise you, are you SURPRISED???"

Not long after this, we got our first glimpse, both girls shouted "castle, look, look, castle"!


It was downhill from there!



Fortunately for us, it was overcast most of the day, so we were only slightly sweltering, instead of plain melting!  


First stop... carousel!


J took this picture, he said the triplets were a little afraid of Darth Vadar :)


Daddy in Grannies Jalopy :)


J told the kids to hold up the gate!


I took Mr. E and Pretty Girl on this little "roller coaster".  Then J took Berry.  And then... J took TW on his very first real roller coaster, the Dragon!  He loved it, by the way.   It was not super crowded at the park, so TW took me on the roller coaster with him... he did great!


While we waited on the big boys, we walked through a gift shop and took some pictures!


Grammy, this one is for you ;)


We took a sit down and water break (okay, I did)... the kids played (J too)!


Daddy took everyone on this bouncy machine... Mr. E did not like it.  He looks cool, calm, and collected now!  I do have a shot of him crying, but it's kind of pathetic, so I'd like to remember everyone smiling and waving.


What's that?



They had a driving course for the small guys (they didn't do so hot)...


... and the big guys... TW actually did really well, except for running into the parked cars (he didn't realize there was no one sitting in them and that he'd have to go around)!


This was the Flying School roller coaster... I always stick my legs straight out for these ones... J says I look like a dork... whatever!



Mr. E really wanted to go in the boat... it was the first thing he asked to go on, and was the only ride that had a longer than 5 minute wait.


By the time we got through the boats (because after I took the boys, Daddy had to take the girls) it was 2 or 3 and this one had not slept a wink and was Cranky!  So, he went from this one minute...


... to this the next :)


Our last major area was Miniland... there were so many things to see and so many pictures on my camera, but I chose one of the (moving!) pirate ships to share, 'cause it was just "awesome" (in little boy voice, of course).



Right before purchasing our souvenirs, we took a ride on the Island in the Sky... a big donut that takes you way up and twirls slowly... there was a nice breeze up there!


After we got "home"  I had everyone strip to their birthday suit and bathe... then I washed every article of clothing we had because we STANK (did I mention the hotel had a free washer and dryer, and they provided laundry soap)... but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment